Table of Contents
Stop the intimidation from Alliant Capital Management LLC
Do you have an issue of harassment via telephone from Alliant Capital Management LLC? The debt collection industry is extremely huge and lucrative, with over $1 trillion in estimated revenue. Luckily, there are laws that exist to fight for your rights.
Who is Alliant Capital Management LLC?
Alliant Capital Management LLC is a third-party debt collector located in Amherst, New York. They specialize in collecting outstanding consumer credit accounts for original lenders.
210 John Glenn Dr
Amherst, NY 14228-2213
Phone: (716) 362-0907
What do you do if you keep getting harassed by Alliant Capital Management LLC?
- Ignore anonymous callers.
- Know your Rights and insist that they are respected
- Hang up if the collector is being rude or using profane words. We also advise you to record such harassing calls.
- Save any harassing messages you have received on your voice mail in case you need to present evidence of it in the future.
- Keep private information private.
- NEVER admit to a debt that you haven’t received details regarding
- Get in touch with a qualified attorney.
How many calls from Alliant Capital Management LLC is considered harassment?
You do not have to receive a specified number of calls from Alliant Capital Management LLC before you may have a valid harassment charge; even one or a few calls can be very intimidating. However, if Alliant Capital Management LLC is calling you even after you have clearly expressed your wish not to be contacted again, you may have a strong claim for telephone harassment. The FDCPA prescribes an excess of 7 times per day as the yardstick to measure a strong harassment charge.
If Alliant Capital Management LLC calls you too frequently in a day (especially before 8 A.M. or after 9 P.M), you may be able to file a case of harassment against them. If you win, you will be awarded a settlement or have your debt waived altogether.
Your Consumer Rights under the TCPA
The Telephone Consumer Protection Act stipulates that telephone solicitation representatives must provide:
- Their name
- The name of the person or organization on whose behalf the call is being made
- A telephone number or address at which the person or organization may be reached.
The Telephone Consumer Protection Act also prohibits:
- Automatic dialling systems
- Pre-recorded messages
- Unwanted SMS text messages
- Calls for which a charge is made to the account of the receiver
- Unsolicited advertisements by fax
The following are various ways by which Alliant Capital Management LLC may have breached your FDCPA rights.
Your Consumer Rights under the FDCPA
- If debt collectors call you repeatedly or ceaselessly, they may not be acting in accordance with the FDCPA. The FDCPA considers repeat calls from debt collectors, amounting to the excess of 7 times a day as a possible case of harassment.
- If debt collectors call you before 8:00 am or after 9:00 pm, it may also be considered as a case of telephone harassment.
- If debt collectors are rude or hurl offensive, obscene, profane, or abusive words at you. the use of such words in customer relations is considered harassment. You are allowed to report such abusive phone calls to the police.
- If debt collectors demand that you pay interest, fees, or any other expenses that are not stipulated by law. The collector is not permitted to include any extra fees that your original credit or loan agreement does not allow.
- If the collector asks you to pay an amount in excess of what you owe. Misinterpretation of the loan amount is a mistake not permitted on the part of the collector.
- Debt collectors are not allowed to threaten to sue you, harm you, or destroy your credit. Making such threats is considered an act of harassment.
- Collectors are not permitted to threaten you with an action they can not or will not take; thus, they can’t threaten to sue or file charges against you, garnish wages, take your property, cause job loss, or ruin your credit, as this goes against phone harassment laws.
- If debt collectors keep calling the wrong person repeatedly, they are not acting in accordance with phone harassment laws.
- If the collector fails to notify you of your right to dispute the debt, they have erred on the side of phone harassment laws.
- Information about your debt is to be kept within relevant authorities. If debt collectors illegally inform a third party about your alleged debt, they have violated the FDCPA. They are only permitted to reveal such information to a third party if you have expressly given them permission. The only people authorized to receive information about your debt are your attorney, the creditor, the creditor’s attorney, a credit reporting agency, and your spouse or parent(s) (in cases of minors).
Alliant Capital Management LLC is often referred to or searched for by other names. These include:
About this site (Telephone Harassment)
Here at Telephone Harassment, we are all about informing consumers about their rights regarding harassment from debt collectors, collection law firms and Original lenders. We also encourage consumers to share their experience dealing with collection harassment, legal threats or excessive phone calls to help prepare others for the kind of treatment they are likely to receive. We alert consumers of scams, and notify them about the harassment and scare tactics that many collection agencies employ, many of which are against phone harassment laws.
Call us now on 844-791-1990
Alliant Capital Management LLC may be contacting you from the following numbers:
Alliant Capital Management LLC BBB Information
BBB file opened: 9/25/2013
Consumer Rights Law Firm Center BBB information
BBB Rating: A