Can’t seem to catch a break from the numerous badgering calls that Americollect, Inc. makes to you? The good news is there’s hope. A strong federal law called the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act protects hard-working consumers like you against certain unlawful collection practices carried out by many collection agencies such as Americollect, Inc. The law, despite being ironclad, however only applies to third-party debt collectors (this means that the FDCPA does not offer protection to consumers from original lenders) and can be used for only personal debts (the FDCPA does not include business debt). The debt collection laws in your state may provide additional protection.
You have a right to demand that debt collectors respect your FDCPA (Fair Debt Collection Practices Act) rights and treat you with the dignity worthy of your person. If they fail to do so, you can be awarded up to $1000 for every FDCPA violation claim, and at times have a part or all of your debt waved.
What do I do if Americollect, Inc. has violated my rights?
If you suspect that Americollect, Inc. has violated the law while trying to collect a debt from you, you can either complain to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and your state attorney general, contact a consumer law attorney, or better still, call us on 844-791-1990.
We will connect you with pre-qualified legal assistance, who will help you understand your case better. You may be entitled to damages and/or attorney’s fees.
Additionally, it is very wise to review your credit reports for accuracy whenever you’re dealing with debt, as errors can unnecessarily damage your credit standing.
Below is a list of regulations that Americollect, Inc. must comply with in their dealings with you:
TCPA Regulations that Americollect, Inc. must comply with
The Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) was primarily established to protect the rights of consumers like you. The TCPA bill was first passed in 1991 due to consumer complains about the increasing amount of unwanted telephone marketing calls made to them, and the frequent use of automated and prerecorded messages.
In response to the complaints of consumers, the FCC established laws which stipulate that telephone solicitation representatives must provide:
- His or her name
- The name of the person or entity on whose behalf the call is being made
- A telephone number or address at which that person or entity can be reached
The law also bans telephone representatives from making solicitation calls to your home before 8 am or after 9 pm. It also requires telemarketers to comply with your request to not be contacted again.
The TCPA does not permit the use of automatic dialing systems, artificial or prerecorded voice messages, SMS text messages, and fax machines. The act also bans autodialers and artificial or prerecorded voice messages programmed to contact your pagers or cellular phones. Calls for which a charge is made to the receiving entity are also not permitted. Anyone using an autodialer or an artificial or prerecorded voice message to call you must also state their identity at the beginning of the message and give their address and phone number during the call.
Finally, the act restricts sending unsolicited advertisements by fax to anyone without their prior consent. If the Telephone Consumer Protection Act is violated then you may be entitled to $500 in damages for each violation.
You may have a case against Americollect, Inc. if they have acted in any of the ways listed above.
FDCPA Regulations that Americollect, Inc. must comply with
- If Americollect, Inc. calls you repeatedly or ceaselessly, they are not acting in accordance with phone harassment laws. The FDCPA considers repeat calls from debt collectors, amounting to the excess of 7 times a day as a case of harassment.
- If Americollect, Inc. calls you before 8:00 am or after 9:00 pm, it may also be considered as a case of telephone harassment.
- If debt collectors representing Americollect, Inc. are rude or hurl offensive, obscene, profane, or abusive words at you. the use of such words in customer relations is considered harassment. You are allowed to report such abusive phone calls to the police.
- If Americollect, Inc. demand that you pay interest, fees, or any other expenses that are not stipulated by law. The collector is not permitted to include any extra fees that your original credit or loan agreement does not allow.
- if the collector asks you to pay an amount in excess of what you owe. Misinterpretation of the loan amount is a mistake not permitted on the part of the collector.
- Americollect, Inc. is not allowed to threaten to sue you, harm you, or destroy your credit. Making such threats is considered an act of harassment.
- Americollect, Inc. is not permitted to threaten you with an action they can not or will not take; thus, they can’t threaten to sue or file charges against you, garnish wages, take your property, cause job loss, or ruin your credit, as this goes against phone harassment laws.
- If Americollect, Inc. keeps calling the wrong person repeatedly, they are not acting in accordance with phone harassment laws.
- If Americollect, Inc. fails to notify you of your right to dispute the debt, they have erred on the side of phone harassment laws.
- Information about your debt is to be kept within relevant authorities. If Americollect, Inc. illegally informs a third party about your alleged debt, they have violated the FDCPA. They are only permitted to reveal such information to a third party if you have expressly given them permission. The only people authorized to receive information about your debt are your attorney, the creditor, the creditor’s attorney, a credit reporting agency, and your spouse or parent(s) (in cases of minors).
About Americollect, Inc.
Americollect, Inc. is a third-party debt collector located in Manitowoc, Wisconsin. The agency provides debt collection services and receivables optimization solutions. They also track customers with bad debts and offer scoring, bankruptcy, credit bureau services, as well as a check collecting system that handles returned checks at no extra cost to the original lender.
1851 S Alverno Rd,
Phone: (920) 682-0311
Helpful practices to observe when dealing with Americollect, Inc.
- Request for details regarding the alleged Debt
- Do not speak to a debt collection agency if you are ill-informed about debts, and the debt collection process. Call us today on 844-791-1990.
- If they threaten you, speak rudely, or hurl abusive words at you, hang up and refuse to engage them in a heated exchange
- Know your Rights and insist that they are respected
- Write down the details of the topics you have discussed with the representative.
- Keep private information such as your assets, employment information, financial resources, bills, and social security number to yourself.
- Ensure that you have all the necessary information about an alleged loan before you agree to pay it.
- Consult a qualified lawyer.
Americollect is often referred to or searched for by other names. These include:
americollect, is americollect legitimate, is americollect legit, americollectpay.com, americollect inc, americollect complaints, americollect phone number, who does americollect collect for, americollect incorporated, is americollect legitimate, americollect collections, americollect scam, americollect reviews, americollectpay, www.americollectpay.com, www americollectpay com, america collection agency, americollectpay com, americollect pay, who does americollect collect for, americollect collection agency, americo manitowoc wi,
americollect Manitowoc, firstname.lastname@example.org, americollect com, america collect, americollect manitowoc wi, americollect.com, americollect inc phone number, america collect pay, americollect debt collector, www.americollect.com, americollect pay online, ameridebt collections, american collection services, americollect collection agency phone number, american collection service, collect america collection agency, is americollect legit, is americollect legitimate, americollect scam, bills auto Manitowoc, nice bus complaints, americollect manitowoc wi, nice bus complaint, americollect debt collector, how do i know if a collection agency is legitimate, wisconsin better business bureau phone number, who does americollect collect for
About this site (Telephone Harassment)
Here at Telephone Harassment, we are all about informing consumers about their rights regarding harassment from debt collectors, collection law firms, and Original lenders. We also encourage consumers to share their experience dealing with collection harassment, legal threats or excessive phone calls to help prepare others for the kind of treatment they are likely to receive. We alert consumers of scams and notify them about the harassment and scare tactics that many collection agencies employ, many of which are against phone harassment laws.
Call us now on 844-791-1990
Americollect, Inc. may be contacting you from the following numbers:
Americollect, Inc. BBB Information
BBB file opened: 7/16/1997
Consumer Rights Law Firm Center BBB information
BBB Rating: A