Table of Contents
Debt harassment from Amos Financial LLC?
Although Amos Financial LLC is legally entitled to collect all of the debts you owe, they are restricted in the methods they can employ in collecting those debts by the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, the law passed Congress in 1977 as an amendment to the Consumer Credit Protection Act of 1968.
The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act does not cover your original lender agreement, however, all third-party debt collection agencies who are regularly engaged in the debt collection process are covered by the provisions of this act. Furthermore, many states have statutes that regulate the practices of debt collection agencies, so if Amos Financial LLC has acted in a way that is inappropriate, you can rest assured that you are protected by the law.
Debt collectors such as Amos Financial LLC must act in accordance with the FDCPA (Fair Debt Collection Practices Act), which protects the rights of consumers in the context of debt collection. Failure to comply can attract a fine of up to $1000 in statutory damages.
What if you are sued by Amos Financial LLC?
You may receive a court summon over a debt that you have failed to resolve. If you receive one of these court summonses, you may think that they are not a big deal and ignore them; don’t. Ignoring even a small civil court lawsuit can have several unforeseen repercussions.
The most obvious impact is that even a small debt can multiply several times over once it goes through the civil court process. That is because many creditors such as credit card companies, banks, and medical billing companies, will add interest, penalties, and their own attorney fees to this debt once it passes through the court process.
Although these items are governed by contract, it may be difficult for you to determine whether the additional fees you are required to pay are calculated properly. This is how you can end up paying thousands of dollars more than what you actually owe.
Furthermore, if you ignore a court summon brought against you by Amos Financial LLC, it may result in a default judgment being levied against you. The ripple effects of a default judgment being levied against you are bad for you and your credit score. Therefore, if you receive a civil court summons and complaint or any other type of court papers, it is in your best interest to contact a qualified debt collection attorney to represent you, Call us now on 844-791-1990.
Remember, the credit card companies and banks have attorneys working aggressively on their behalf, you too deserve to have a qualified attorney working on your side as well. Feel free to contact us today, we will be happy to let you know your options and connect you with A+ accredited legal representation.
About Amos Financial LLC
Amos Financial LLC is a third-party debt collector located in Highland Park, Illinois. The company describes itself as an independent debt acquisition firm that purchases and services a diverse portfolio of debt from various banking institutions.
3330 Skokie Valley Rd,
Highland Park, IL60035-1035
Phone: (847) 433-2600
Get familiar with the TCPA Laws
As a consumer in the United States, it is important to note that you have rights that the law demands must be respected. Every organization practicing within the United States would have to possess a complete TCPA compliance checklist and train their staff to abide by it. They would have to keep all the laws stipulated by the TCPA when conducting business over the telephone if they wish to avoid being on the wrong side of the law.
An organization that flouts its customer’s TCPA rights when contacting them via telephone or other electronic means of communication can be sued and made to face justice to the full extent permitted by the law.
The Telephone Consumer Protection Act stipulates that telephone solicitation representatives conducting business over the phone must provide:
- Their name
- The name of the person or organization on whose behalf the call is being made
- A telephone number or address at which the person or organization may be reached.
The TCPA further prohibits:
- Automatic dialing systems
- Pre-recorded messages
- Unwanted SMS text messages
- Calls for which a charge is made to the account of the receiver
- Unsolicited advertisements by fax
You may have a case against Amos Financial LLC if they have violated any of your TCPA rights.
Get familiar with the FDCPA Laws
Under the FDCPA, a debt collector is not allowed to:
- Call you ceaselessly, especially if you have expressed your desire to not be contacted further
- Call you at extremely early or late hours. The earliest time a debt collector is allowed to contact you is after 8 am, and the latest time is before 9 pm.
- Be rude, aggressive, or use obscene, hurtful, and abusive language.
- Threaten you in any way; whether with violence, arrest, a lawsuit, jail time, or garnishment. If you have received threats or abusive calls from our debt collection agency, record them; as you may need to provide evidence of debt collection practice violation in the future.
- Use scare tactics to goad you into repaying the loan.
- Demand the payment of fees that are not contained in your original loan agreement.
- Misinterpret the amount you owe, thereby asking you to pay more than what is owed.
- Call your friends, co-workers, or family members regarding the non-repayment of your debt.
- Conceal information about your right to dispute the debt, and the various debt payment plans that are available to you.
What to do if you keep getting unwanted calls from Amos Financial LLC
- Do not answer calls from strange numbers.
- Don’t engage the caller: many debt collectors make various threats in hope that you will respond emotionally. Do not give them that satisfaction.
- Hang up when necessary: if the collector is being rude or using profane words, does not say anything, or refuse to identify themselves, then hang up.
- Save any harassing messages you have received on your voice mail in case you need to present evidence of it in the future.
- Do not disclose personal information especially to an anonymous caller.
- Seek legal advice. Call us on 844-791-1990
About this site (Telephone Harassment)
Here at Telephone Harassment, we are all about informing consumers about their rights regarding harassment from debt collectors, collection law firms and Original lenders. We also encourage consumers to share their experience dealing with collection harassment, legal threats or excessive phone calls to help prepare others for the kind of treatment they are likely to receive. We alert consumers of scams, and notify them about the harassment and scare tactics that many collection agencies employ, many of which are against phone harassment laws.
Call us now on 844-791-1990
Amos Financial LLC may be contacting you from the following numbers:
Amos Financial LLC BBB Information
BBB file opened: 10/16/2013
Consumer Rights Law Firm Center BBB information
BBB Rating: A+