Have you been getting calls from Complete Payment Recovery Services, Inc. lately? Are these calls abusive or excessive? There are several debt collection agencies that often times flippantly violate the rules and regulations regarding how debt is ethically meant to be collected. They harass, intimidate, and even sometimes go as far as threatening consumers whose accounts they handle into paying off an outstanding debt quickly.
These unethical practices often result in default judgments against innocent consumers who do not know how to navigate the situation properly. Sometimes, it comes as such a shock to the consumer that they only realize how serious the situation is when their bank accounts are frozen or their wages are garnished.
Debt collectors must act in accordance with the FDCPA (Fair Debt Collection Practices Act), which protects the rights of innocent consumers like you in the context of debt collection. You may not know this, but you can be awarded up to $1000 per FDCPA violation claim, and at times have your debt waved. Call us now on 844-791-1990, and we will put our years of experience to work for you.
Is Complete Payment Recovery Services, Inc. a Scam?
According to the Better Business Bureau (BBB) Complete Payment Recovery Services, Inc. is a legitimate debt collection company that has been in operation since 2002. Their BBB file was opened on the 11th of July 2013, which further confirms the legitimacy of the establishment.
Nevertheless, you need to consider the option that the number calling you may not even be a legitimate collection agency. This is an extremely important step to take before you agree to pay a debt, or even engage an assumed debt collector in a conversation. There have been countless reported cases of people getting scammed by fraudsters posing as collection agencies.; therefore, be sure to verify that the number claiming to be Complete Payment Recovery Services, Inc. is indeed who they say they are before going any further.
About Complete Payment Recovery Services, Inc.
Complete Payment Recovery Services, Inc. is a third-party debt collector located in Northport, Alabama. Complete Payment Recovery Services, Inc. is a debt collection agency.
3500 5th St
Northport, AL 35476-4723
Phone: (866) 324-3120
FCDPA Violations you should not ignore
Is your debt collector calling you ceaselessly? Have they threatened to cease your property or garnish your wages? Do they call you too early in the day or too late at night when you’re already in bed? If you are dealing with a less-than-pleasant debt collector, contact a free A+ accredited lawyer on (877) 700-5790 immediately you notice any of the signs below:
- Call a qualified lawyer on (877) 700-5790 if debt collectors call you repeatedly or ceaselessly
- Call a qualified lawyer on (877) 700-5790 if debt collectors call you before 8:00 am or after 9:00 pm.
- Call a qualified lawyer on (877) 700-5790 if your debt collectors are rude or hurl offensive, obscene, profane, or abusive words at you.
- Call a qualified lawyer on (877) 700-5790 if debt collectors demand that you pay interest, fees, or any other expenses that are not stipulated by law. Such fees include any extra fees other than your original credit or loan agreement.
- Call a qualified lawyer on (877) 700-5790 if your debt collector asks you to pay an amount in excess of what you owe.
- Call a qualified lawyer on (877) 700-5790 if your debt collector threatens to sue you, harm you, or destroy your credit. Making such threats is unlawful and an act of harassment.
- Call a qualified lawyer on (877) 700-5790 if your debt collector has failed to notify you of your right to dispute the debt.
- Information about your debt is to be kept within relevant authorities; call a qualified lawyer on (877) 700-5790 if debt collectors illegally inform a third party (other than your spouse, parents, attorney or co-signor)about your debt.
- Call a qualified lawyer on (877) 700-5790 if your debt collector publicizes your name or that of any other of their debtors.
- Call a qualified lawyer on (877) 700-5790 if your debt collectors fail to identify themselves as a debt collector and to state that all information will be used to collect the debt
- Call a qualified lawyer on (877) 700-5790 if your debt collector ignores your request not to be contacted further.
- Call a qualified lawyer on (877) 700-5790 if your debt collector claims that they’re from a credit bureau.
- Call a qualified lawyer on (877) 700-5790 if your debt collector leads you to believe that they are a government representative by wearing a uniform or showing you a badge
Telephone Harassment Laws
Any person or organization using an autodialer or pre-recorded message to contact you must state their name, address, and phone number at the beginning of the call. If a bank, debt collector, or telemarketer fails to comply with these laws, you may be entitled to a compensation of $500 for each violation. That is $500 for each harassing text, call, or fax!
Telephone harassment laws also cover contemporary methods of communication such as text messages and email (although emails are a bit more difficult to regulate). In order for a bank, debt collection organization, or telemarketing service to text you, they must first have obtained your permission to do so. Only a few exceptions such as delivery notifications and appointment reminders are permitted.
Furthermore, the TCPA does not allow the use of automatic dialing systems, artificial or prerecorded voice messages, SMS text messages, and fax machines. The Law also bans auto-dialers and artificial or prerecorded voice messages programmed to contact your pagers or cellular phones. Calls for which a charge is made to the receiving entity are also not permitted. Anyone using an auto-dialer or an artificial or prerecorded voice message to call you must also state their identity at the beginning of the message and give their address and phone number during the call.
Finally, the Telephone harassment laws restrict banks, debt collectors, and telemarketers from sending unsolicited advertisements by fax to anyone without their prior consent. If your right to be free from Telephone harassment is violated, you may be entitled to $500 in damages for each violation.
What if I keep getting unwanted calls from Complete Payment Recovery Services, Inc.?
- Do not answer calls from strange numbers.
- Don’t engage the caller: many debt collectors make various threats in hope that you will respond emotionally. Do not give them that satisfaction.
- Hang up when necessary: if the collector is being rude or using profane words, does not say anything, or refuse to identify themselves, then hang up.
- Save any harassing messages you have received on your voice mail in case you need to present evidence of it in the future.
- Do not disclose personal information especially to an anonymous caller.
- Seek legal advice.
Complete Payment Recovery Services is often referred to or searched for by other names. These include:
complete payment recovery services, cprs collections, complete recovery service, is complete payment recovery services legit, complete recovery services, www.paymentpost.com, complete payment recovery services inc, complete collections services, www paymentpost com, complete payment recovery services phone number, payment recovery services, complete payment recovery, paymentpost com, complete payment, complete payment recovery services walmart, complete payment recovery services tampa fl, complete collection services, payment recovery, complete payment recovery services northport al, complete collection service, payment collection services, complete payment recovery services tampa fl, complete recovery systems, complete payment recovery, walmart recovery services, complete payment recovery services Walmart, complete payment recovery services phone number, complete payment recovery services northport al, complete payment recovery services, payment recovery services, complete payment recovery services inc, is complete payment recovery services legit, cprs reporting, recovery payment, complete recovery, walmart bbb complaints
About this site (Telephone Harassment)
Here at Telephone Harassment, we are all about informing consumers about their rights regarding harassment from debt collectors, collection law firms and Original lenders. We also encourage consumers to share their experience dealing with collection harassment, legal threats or excessive phone calls to help prepare others for the kind of treatment they are likely to receive. We alert consumers of scams and notify them about the harassment and scare tactics that many collection agencies employ, many of which are against phone harassment laws.
Call us now on 844-791-1990
Complete Payment Recovery Services, Inc. may be contacting you from the following numbers:
Complete Payment Recovery Services, Inc. BBB Information
BBB file opened: 11/7/2013
Consumer Rights Law Firm Center BBB information
BBB Rating: B+