Beware of Advanced Collection Services, LLC
Let’s be honest, how many times have you rolled your eyes when you answer a phone call and the caller identifies himself as a representative from Advanced Collection Services, LLC? Maybe countless times.
According to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), Advanced Collection Services, LLC just might have crossed the line and harassed you if they act or have acted in any of the following ways:
- Calling you before 8 a.m. and after 9 p.m.
- Calling you more than 7 times a day
- Making use of profane, vulgar, and abusive words in their conversations with you
- Threatening to harm or sue you
- Threatening to make you lose your job or properties
- Disclosing details of your debt with people you have not authorized them to disclose it to
- Adding charges and fees that they are not originally included in your loan agreement to your debt
- Stating the wrong debt amount, whether intentionally or not
According to the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA), the telephone representative from Advanced Collection Services, LLC has to mention
- His/her name
- The name of the company or the individual on whose behalf they are calling (which in this case is Advanced Collection Services, LLC)
- The contact details (address and phone number) of the company or individual
Failure to do this amounts to telephone harassment. In addition to this, the TCPA also bans telephone representatives such as the ones from Advanced Collection Services, LLC from making use of things like automated dialing systems, prerecorded voice messages, fax machines, and SMS text messages. It is also against the TCPA law for the call charges to be made to you, the receiving party. Lastly, the law forbids companies from sending you unsolicited advertisements through fax messages.
What is in it for you if Advanced Collection Services, LLC has broken any of these laws?
You may be awarded a sum of $100 or more for each FDCPA law that Advanced Collection Services, LLC has violated, and up to $500 if they have broken a TCPA law. All this will be made possible if you file a suit against them in court. You can also make a complaint to the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) who would then review the complaint and decide what the suitable penalty for the violation is. Call us now on 844-791-1990 to get FREE advice about how to proceed with your debt harassment case.
Precautionary measures to take during phone conversations with Advanced Collection Services, LLC
- Do not get too chatty with the caller
- If the caller starts using abusive, threatening words, do not get too emotional and say something you shouldn’t.
- Hang up the call when you feel the need to, especially if it is becoming abusive
- Always record every phone conversation with the telephone representative. It can serve as evidence in court
- Never provide answers to questions about your personal life and details such as your card information. They have no right to ask those questions and it could always be a fraudster posing as Advanced Collection Services, LLC.
- Get help immmediately
Is it possible to totally stop getting calls from Advanced Collection Services, LLC?
Yes, it is! You can mail them a cease and desist letter which basically does what its name implies. You let them know that you would want them to desist from calling and contacting you. They are obliged by the TCPA law to grant your request. Once you send it, they can only contact you on two occasions. The first is if they want to inform you that they have received your letter. The second is if they want to notify you that they will be taking an action such as a lawsuit against you. Other than these, the cease and desist letter is a very effective method to get debt collection agencies like Advanced Collection Services, LLC off your neck.
Hiring a good consumer rights attorney who will receive all calls form Advanced Collection Services, LLC on your behalf is, however, your best option.
About Advanced Collection Services, LLC
Advanced Collection Services is a fully licensed and bonded collection agency that provides a wide range of debt collection and automated voice messaging services to a variety of different types of clients which include hospitals, physicians, professional and medical associations, retailers, utilities, financial and educational institutions, government agencies and municipalities.
PO Box 7103
Lewiston, ME 04243-7103
Phone: (207) 795-2220
Advanced Collection Services, LLC is often referred to or searched for by other names. These include:
Affiliated Collections; Downeast Collections; Advanced Collection Services, LTD.
About this site (Telephone Harassment)
Here at Telephone Harassment, we are all about informing consumers about their rights regarding harassment from debt collectors, collection law firms, and Original lenders. We also encourage consumers to share their experience dealing with collection harassment, legal threats or excessive phone calls to help prepare others for the kind of treatment they are likely to receive. We alert consumers of scams and notify them about the harassment and scare tactics that many collection agencies employ, many of which are against phone harassment laws.
Call us now on 844-791-1990
Advanced Collection Services, LLC may be contacting you from the following numbers:
Advanced Collection Services, LLC BBB Information
BBB file opened: 4/20/1992
Consumer Rights Law Firm Center BBB information
BBB Rating: D-