Are you being bothered by AHP Servicing LLC?
Have you been receiving bothersome calls over your unpaid debt? Are these calls tiresome and never seem to end? Do they give you grave consequences of not paying up or threaten you in some form or another? do they sound abusive or use vulgar words while talking to you? Do you feel like you are in a quagmire over your unpaid debt? AHP Servicing LLC is a debt collection agency and Collection agencies have one goal: RECOVER DEBT! To achieve this, they often resort to not friendly techniques while trying to get you to pay up. There is no need to get anxious over this, why? because there are laws that protect your rights as the consumer.
Debt collectors are expected to act in accordance with the FDCPA (Fair Debt Collection Practices Act). The FDCPA are laws which were instituted by the government to protect the rights of consumers like you in the context of debt collection. You might not be aware that you can be awarded up to $1000 in statutory damages, and at times have your debt waived.
10 Things AHP Servicing LLC cannot do under the FDCPA
Debt collection agencies such as AHP Servicing LLC have the right to contact you about debt that you owe. However, there are several things they are not allowed to do while communicating with you, these are:
- Calling or engaging you in repeated discussions with purpose of to infuriating, frustrating or harassing you.
- Stating incorrect information on your credit report or threatening to do so to get you to pay up.
- Using harsh, abusive or vulgar words while engaging in a conversation with you.
- Calling you outside the hours of 8:00am to 9:00pm or when it is inconvenient for you.
- Communication your debt with third parties who are not concerned.
- Falsifying or misrepresenting your debt or using tricky means to recover debt such as pretending to be a lawyer.
- Maintaining contact with you after you have told them not to in writing.
- Trying to arrest you over your debt.
- Publishing your name on the “bad debt list’.
- Stalking you for a debt you do not owe.
5 Things a Debt Collection Agency is allowed to do.
Ask you to pay an expired debt
Unsecured debts, like credit cards and medical bills, have a time limit After this date, the debt is considered to be“expired” and you can’t be sued for payment . It is still however a debt you owe and can be required to pay by a collection agency.
2. Entreat you
While debt collectors can’t threaten you or mislead you, they can make you understand how serious they are about recovering the debt. This can include calls, frequent letters, or talk about involving a lawyer — as long as they stay within the bounds of the law.
3. Take you to court
A debt collection agency can sue you as a final effort to get you to pay up. If you do not show up, you loose by default.
4. Sell your debt
A collection agency can sell your debt to another if none or partial payment was made. It is not unusual to have one collection agency stop contacting you, only to have a different agency contact you about the same debt. if you do agree to pay up, always keep tangible evidence.
5. Negotiate what you owe
Collection agencies often purchase debt for little amounts, they make a lot of profit if they can recover the original amount, this makes an opening for negotiations. You may be able to negotiate a settlement for 25% or 30% of what you originally owed. Always remember to keep evidence of whatever is agreed upon.
Is AHP Servicing LLC, breaking the Telephone Consumer Protection Laws under the TCPA?
Are you being bothered with unwanted calls from AHP Servicing LLC? Not to worry, the TCPA laws exist to protect the rights of consumers like you. The TCPA bill was first passed in 1991 due to consumer complains about the fact that unwanted calls usually using automated or prerecorded messages were on an alarming rise.
To curb these complaints the FCC established laws which states that telephone solicitation representatives must:
- Identify his or herself
- Provide the name of the individual or company they are representing.
- A telephone number or address at which that individual or company can be contacted.
The law also bans telephone representatives from making solicitation calls to your home before 8 am or after 9 pm. It also requires telemarketers to comply with your request to not be contacted again.
The TCPA does not permit the use of:
- Automatic dialing systems
- Artificial or prerecorded voice messages
- SMS text messages
- Fax machines.
- Auto dialers
- Artificial or prerecorded voice messages programmed to contact your pagers or cellular phones.
Calls for which a charge is made to the receiver are also not permitted. Anyone using an auto dialer or an artificial or prerecorded voice message to call you must also state their identity at the beginning of the message and give their address and phone number during the call. You may be entitled to about $500 in damages if the TCPA is violated.
What to do if you keep getting unwanted calls from AHP Servicing LLC
- Do not answer calls from strange numbers especially when they call repeatedly.
- Don’t engage the caller: many debt collectors make various threats in hope that you will respond emotionally, try not to fall for it.
- Hang up when necessary: if the collector is being rude or using profane words, does not say anything, or refuse to identify themselves, then hang up.
- Make sure you are not being contacted by fraudsters, verify your debt.
- Know your rights and make sure they are not trampled.
- Keep record of any exasperating messages you have received on your voice mail in case you need to present evidence of it in the future.
- Do not disclose your personal information especially to an anonymous caller.
- Seek legal advice.
About AHP Servicing LLC
AHP Servicing LLC is a third party debt collector located in Chicago, Illinois. AHP Servicing LLC is a debt collection agency.
440 S La Salle St Ste 1110
Chicago, IL 60605-1028
Phone: (312) 763-6283
About this site (Telephone Harassment)
Here at Telephone Harassment, we are all about informing consumers about their rights regarding harassment from debt collectors, collection law firms and Original lenders. We also encourage consumers to share their experience dealing with collection harassment, legal threats or excessive phone calls to help prepare others for the kind of treatment they are likely to receive. We alert consumers of scams, and notify them about the harassment and scare tactics that many collection agencies employ, many of which are against phone harassment laws.
Call us now on 844-791-1990
AHP Servicing LLC may be contacting you from the following numbers:
AHP Servicing LLC BBB Information
BBB file opened: 1/28/2019
Consumer Rights Law Firm Center BBB information
BBB Rating: A