Table of Contents
Unwanted calls from Connect International, LLC?
Connect International, LLC calling you ceaselessly? The good news is there’s hope. A strong federal law called the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act protects hard-working consumers like you against certain unlawful collection practices carried out by many collection agencies. The law, despite being ironclad, however only applies to third-party debt collectors (this means that the FDCPA does not offer protection to consumers from creditors collecting their own debts) and can be used for only personal debts (this means that the FDCPA does not stretch to include business debt). The laws in your state may provide additional protection.
You have a right to demand that debt collectors respect your FDCPA (Fair Debt Collection Practices Act) rights and treat you with the dignity worthy of your person. If they fail to do so, you can be awarded up to $1000 in statutory damages.
What do I do if my rights have been violated?
If you believe that Connect International, LLC has violated the law while trying to collect a debt from you, you can either complain to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and your state attorney general, contact a consumer law attorney, or call us on 844-791-1990 to help you understand your case better and connect you with pre-qualified legal assistance. You may be entitled to damages and/or attorney’s fees.
Additionally, it is very wise to review your credit reports for accuracy whenever you’re dealing with debt, as errors can unnecessarily damage your credit standing.
Below is a list of regulations that Connect International, LLC must comply with in their dealings with you:
FDCPA Regulations that Connect International, LLC must comply with
- If debt collectors call you repeatedly or ceaselessly, they are not acting in accordance with phone harassment laws. The FDCPA considers repeat calls from debt collectors, amounting to the excess of 7 times a day as a case of harassment.
- If debt collectors call you before 8:00 am or after 9:00 pm, it may also be considered as a case of telephone harassment.
- If debt collectors are rude or hurl offensive, obscene, profane, or abusive words at you. the use of such words in customer relations is considered harassment. You are allowed to report such abusive phone calls to the police.
- If debt collectors demand that you pay interest, fees, or any other expenses that are not stipulated by law. The collector is not permitted to include any extra fees that your original credit or loan agreement does not allow.
- if the collector asks you to pay an amount in excess of what you owe. Misinterpretation of the loan amount is a mistake not permitted on the part of the collector.
- Debt collectors are not allowed to threaten to sue you, harm you, or destroy your credit. Making such threats is considered an act of harassment.
- Collectors are not permitted to threaten you with action they can not or will not take; thus, they can’t threaten to sue or file charges against you, garnish wages, take property, cause job loss, or ruin your credit, as this goes against phone harassment laws.
- If debt collectors keep calling the wrong person repeatedly, they are not acting in accordance with phone harassment laws.
- If the collector fails to notify you of your right to dispute the debt, they have erred on the side of phone harassment laws.
- Information about your debt is to be kept within relevant authorities. If debt collectors illegally inform a third party about your alleged debt, they have violated the FDCPA. They are only permitted to reveal such information to a third party if you have expressly given them permission. The only people authorized to receive information about your debt are your attorney, the creditor, the creditor’s attorney, a credit reporting agency, and your spouse or parent(s) (in cases of minors).
TCPA Regulations that Connect International, LLC must comply with
The Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) was primarily established to protect the rights of consumers like you. The TCPA bill was first passed in 1991 due to consumer complains about the increasing amount of unwanted telephone marketing calls made to them, and the frequent use of automated and prerecorded messages.
In response to the complaints of consumers, the FCC established laws which stipulate that telephone solicitation representatives must provide:
- His or her name
- The name of the person or entity on whose behalf the call is being made
- A telephone number or address at which that person or entity can be reached
The law also bans telephone representatives from making solicitation calls to your home before 8 am or after 9 pm. It also requires telemarketers to comply with your request to not be contacted again.
The TCPA does not permit the use of automatic dialing systems, artificial or prerecorded voice messages, SMS text messages, and fax machines. The act also bans autodialers and artificial or prerecorded voice messages programmed to contact your pagers or cellular phones. Calls for which a charge is made to the receiving entity are also not permitted. Anyone using an autodialer or an artificial or prerecorded voice message to call you must also state their identity at the beginning of the message and give their address and phone number during the call.
Finally, the act restricts sending unsolicited advertisements by fax to anyone without their prior consent. If the Telephone Consumer Protection Act is violated then you may be entitled to $500 in damages for each violation.
You may have a case against Connect International, LLC if they have acted in any of the ways listed above.
About Connect International, LLC
Connect International, LLC is a third-party debt collector located in Highland Park, Illinois. Connect International, LLC is a debt collection agency.
667 Central Street
Highland Park, IL 60035
Helpful practices to observe when dealing with Connect International, LLC
- Request for details regarding the alleged Debt
- Do not speak to a debt collection agency if you are ill-informed about debts, and the debt collection process. Call us today on 844-791-1990.
- If they threaten you, speak rudely, or hurl abusive words at you, hang up and refuse to engage them in a heated exchange
- Know your Rights and insist that they are respected
- Write down the details of the topics you have discussed with the representative.
- Keep private information such as your assets, employment information, financial resources, bills, and social security number to yourself.
- Ensure that you have all the necessary information about an alleged loan before you agree to pay it.
- Consult a qualified lawyer.
About this site (Telephone Harassment)
Here at Telephone Harassment, we are all about informing consumers about their rights regarding harassment from debt collectors, collection law firms and Original lenders. We also encourage consumers to share their experience dealing with collection harassment, legal threats or excessive phone calls to help prepare others for the kind of treatment they are likely to receive. We alert consumers of scams and notify them about the harassment and scare tactics that many collection agencies employ, many of which are against phone harassment laws.
Call us now on 844-791-1990
Connect International, LLC may be contacting you from the following numbers:
Connect International, LLC BBB Information
BBB file opened:
Consumer Rights Law Firm Center BBB information