Phone call harassment from First Premier Bank?
Getting frequent interruptions during your day from third-party debt collectors like First Premier Bank could be frustrating but you know what’s even more frustrating? Getting calls about an already paid debt.
Collection agencies like First Premier Bank are assigned to contact you and discuss your unresolved debts. However, after the debt is settled, they have no business calling you anymore.
If you are still getting calls from First Premier Bank about a paid debt even after you have told them that it’s been paid, you may want to do something about that.
Table of Contents
Is First Premier Bank calling you for an already paid debt?
It is unlawful for debt collectors to call you for an already paid debt or to misrepresent the amount you owe. This is totally against the law and you should take action against them, but before you do, there are a few things you should do.
- Tell the caller that the debt is already paid for: When you get these calls from them, do not react in anger. Instead, politely communicate to them that they may have it mixed up somewhere because you have paid the debt they’re calling about.
- Ask the collector to send proof of the debt: Make a debt validation request to the collector. You may want to see what proof they have.
- Check your records: Go through your records to confirm if the debt was actually paid. Review old account statements and copies of canceled checks. Keep all these as proof, you may need them in court. Do not send these to the debt collector. If they are not legit, they may use it for fraudulent purposes.
- Check your credit records: If you are being called about this debt, there is every likelihood that it has been incorrectly reported to the credit bureaus.
- Send a cease and desist letter: You can ask the collector to completely stop calling your phone through what is called a “cease and desist letter”. They should not contact you via phone calls after this letter except to tell you their next line of action. If after this letter you are still being contacted by the debt collector without sufficient proof of your debt, keep track of the calls and use them as records to file a complaint to the CFPB.
If you receive a Lawsuit Summon
If you are summoned to court, do not ignore the summon, you will be giving the debt collector the chance to have a default judgment against you. Instead, contact an attorney so that you will be well represented and aware of your rights. Show up in court presenting proof that you have paid the debt.
About First Premier Bank.
First Premier Bank is a third-party debt collector located in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. They provide loan options to several consumers across the united states.
601 S Minnesota Ave, Sioux Falls,
SD 57104, United States
Phone: + 1 605-357-3000
About this site (Telephone Harassment)
Here at Telephone Harassment, we are all about informing consumers about their rights regarding harassment from debt collectors, collection law firms, and Original lenders. We also encourage consumers to share their experience dealing with collection harassment, legal threats or excessive phone calls to help prepare others for the kind of treatment they are likely to receive. Call us now on 844-791-1990 or Read more about us here.
First Premier Bank may be contacting you from the following numbers:
First Premier Bank is also known as:
premier bank login
first premier bank
first premier login
first premier bank login
first premier bank credit card
premier bank card
first premier bank card
first premier credit
premier credit card
first premier card
my first premier
first premier credit card
1st premier login
first premier bankcard
1st premier bank
first premiere bank
my first premier bank
1st premier bank card
first premier bank platinum mastercard
1st premier card
my first premier credit card login
first premier bank.com
premier bank credit card
my first premier card
first premier bank mastercard
my premier credit card
1st premier credit card
my premier card
first premier bank credit card application
firstpremier sign in
First Premier Bank BBB Information
BBB file opened: 1/1/2007
Consumer Rights Law Firm Center BBB information
BBB Rating: B-