Table of Contents
Telephone harassment from Action Collection Agency, Inc.?
Falling behind on your debt payment is already an overwhelming situation. It becomes even worse when a debt collection agency such as Action Collection Agency, Inc. seems to be breathing down your neck every other day.
Are they constantly disturbing you with calls and leaving you voice messages? Are some of the calls abusive? Have requested that they stop calling you but they will not budge? This is bound to further stress you, however, the good thing is that you can effectively manage this stress. Wondering how? Well, all you have to do is to take advantage of the laws such as the TCPA and FDCPA specially designed to protect the rights of consumers like you.
Laws that protect you from harassing calls from Action Collection Agency, Inc.
- Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA)
According to this law which was passed in 1977, all debt collectors are obliged to protect your rights as a consumer when it comes to the means and methods they use to collect the debt. Debt collection agencies that flout this law run at a risk of paying consumers up to $1000 for each FDCPA violation claim.
- Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA)
When this law was passed in 1991, it was because of consumers who like you were constantly being disturbed by unwanted telephone calls from telemarketers as well as excessive use of prerecorded and automated messages. To curb this, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) designed and established laws that state that all telephone solicitation representatives have to mention their names, the name of the person or organization for whom they are calling as well as the contact details where that person/organization can be reached.
The TCPA also prohibits the use of communication media such as fax machines, prerecorded voice messages, SMS messages, and automated dialing machines. Calls whose charges would be made to you, the receiving party are also not allowed. In addition to that, the act prohibits companies from sending unsolicited fax advertisements to customers without requesting for their prior consent. Should any of these TCPA laws be violated, then you may be awarded $500 in damages for each violation. Most importantly, if you request in writing to not be contacted again, the law mandates Action Collection Agency, Inc. to adhere to your request.
What does Action Collection Agency, Inc. have to do for their phone calls to count as harassment?
- Calling you more than 7 times a day
- Making phone calls to you before 8 a.m. and after 9 p.m.
- Placing repeated, frequent calls to your phone
- Making use of vulgar, abusive, offensive words in their conversations with you
- Inflating the amount of the debt you are owing, whether intentionally or unintentionally
- Making threats to sue you, arrest you, or cause you to lose your job and properties
- Including payments or charges that are not specified by the law into your debt amount. The FDCPA prohibits debt collection agencies from adding charges or fees that are not originally included in your loan agreement
- Failing to let you know that you have a right to dispute the debt
- Sharing the details of your debt to third parties and persons you have not authorized them to share it with.
How should you respond to the consistently annoying phone calls from Action Collection Agency, Inc.?
- Try as much as possible to not engage the caller. Doing so might cause you to get emotional and say things that can be used against you
- On no occasion should you share personal information such as your card details with the caller
- Hang up the call if the debt collector is beginning to use abusive words or does not identify his or herself as stipulated by the TCPA
- Make sure to record and save abusive, rude calls as they can serve as evidence
- Don’t pick up calls from strange numbers
- Hire an attorney so all phone calls can be diverted to them
- Send a cease-and-desist letter to the debt collection agency, urging them to not contact you again
What does sending a cease-and-desist letter to a debt collection agency involve?
The letter is to be sent by certified mail and when the collection agency receives it, they have no right to contact you again, except for two reasons. The first is when they want to acknowledge that they have received the letter. The second is when they want to inform you that they will be taking specific action against you such as a lawsuit.
Keep in mind that sending a cease-and-desist does not mean that your debts will be erased. It only means that the debt collection agency has to employ means other than calling you to ensure that the debt gets paid.
Still confused about how to send an effective cease-and-desist letter? Call us now on 844-791-1990 and we will be happy to send one for you.
What’s the way forward when Action Collection Agency, Inc. breaks the FDCPA and TCPA laws?
- Place a call through to us on 844-791-1990 so we can advise you appropriately
- Make a complaint to the FCC against Action Collection Agency, Inc. From the complaint, the FCC would determine what the suitable penalty against the company is.
- Seek legal counsel so you can file a suit against Action Collection Agency, Inc. in court
About Action Collection Agency, Inc.
Action Collection Agency, Inc. is a third-party debt collector located in Nashville, Tennessee. The debt collection agency is situated at 908 Harpeth Valley Place, Nashville, Tennessee. You can check out their website at http://www.acacollects.com to find out more and place a call to them via the number (615) 942-6380.
908 Harpeth Valley Place
Nashville, TN 37221
Phone: (615) 942-6380
Action Collection Agency, Inc. is often referred to or searched for by other names. These include:
Action Collection Agency
About this site (Telephone Harassment)
Here at Telephone Harassment, we are all about informing consumers about their rights regarding harassment from debt collectors, collection law firms and Original lenders. We also encourage consumers to share their experience dealing with collection harassment, legal threats or excessive phone calls to help prepare others for the kind of treatment they are likely to receive. We alert consumers of scams, and notify them about the harassment and scare tactics that many collection agencies employ, many of which are against phone harassment laws.
Call us now on 844-791-1990
Beware! Action Collection Agency, Inc. may be contacting you from the following numbers:
Action Collection Agency, Inc. BBB Information
BBB file opened: 8/3/1993
Consumer Rights Law Firm Center BBB information
BBB Rating: A+