Harassment calls from Armin, O’Conner & Boch LLC?
Being constantly troubled with strings of calls or disturbing letters from Armin, Boch & O’conner while seeking ways to pay up a debt is a bad situation to be in. There’s almost nothing as frustrating as being on the receiving end of a threatening phone call one or multiple times.
It is legal for debt collectors like Armin, Boch & O’conner to contact people who owe to settle their debt. They are assigned with the task of getting people who have unresolved debts to pay.
However, when their calls become disturbing, harassing, and threatening, they are no longer abiding by the law.
Making nonstop phone calls to your residence or workplace, calling at odd hours, disclosing your debt details to third parties, and so on are strongly prohibited by the TCPA and FDCPA.
What debt collectors are not allowed to do to you
Debt collectors have the right to contact you about your debt and ask you to pay but they also have limitations. Here are some of the things that the law forbids them from doing.
According to the TCPA (Telephone Consumer Protection Act),
- Debt collectors should not make unsolicited phone calls to your place of residence
- They should not call you using a prerecorded voice message
- They should not call outside of the hours of 8 am and 9 pm
- Debt collectors who call must provide you with their name, company name, and address
According to the FDCPA (Fair Debt Collection Practices Act),
- Debt collectors should not use profane and threatening words when they call you
- They should not disclose information on your debt with any third party
- They should not harass you by calling you continually.
If any of your rights are violated, you can sue Armin, Boch & O’Conner to court.
What to do if you’re unable to pay up at the moment
If you’re at a state where you can not afford to pay up your debt immediately, there are certain things you should know, because debt collectors have the right to sue you when you fail to pay.
First, you must know that you do not have to struggle with this issue alone. Find a debt expert and relay your dilemma to them. Learn all you can about the options you have.
Beware of scammers who target people with financial distress. Negotiating with the collection agency is also helpful.
How to negotiate effectively with Armin, Boch & O’conner
If the debt you’re being contacted about is a large one or one you’re unsure of, you should do the following
- Be calm and logical when you speak: Situations like this often throw people into a distressed state. Do not be fearful or worried. Speak as knowledgeably and logically as you can.
- Understand your rights: Be aware of your rights under the FDCPA. There are certain things debt collectors are not allowed to do to you.
- Seek out more information about the debt to confirm that it’s yours
- Mention bankruptcy if it’s a viable option appropriate for your situation.
- Be aware of the statue to limitation: if the debt is very old, the time frame within which they can sue you may be over.
- Negotiate on how your debt will be reported to Credit Bureaus: Request that negative information about you be omitted.
- Let your agreement be in written form: Do not rely on word of mouth. ask the debt collector to put your agreement in writing.
- Seek legal advice.
About Armin, O’Conner & Boch LLC
Armin, O’Conner & Boch LLC is a third-party debt collector located in Buffalo, New York. They provide services to maximize the collection of outstanding accounts receivables.
4950 Genesee St Ste 140
Buffalo, NY 14225-5570
Phone: (888) 645-0772
About this site (Telephone Harassment)
Here at Telephone Harassment, we are all about informing consumers about their rights regarding harassment from debt collectors, collection law firms, and Original lenders. Read more here.
Call us now on 844-791-1990
Armin, O’Conner & Boch LLC is also searched for as:
conner and buck
who is armin
Armin, O’Conner & Boch LLC may be contacting you from the following numbers:
Armin, O’Conner & Boch LLC BBB Information
BBB file opened: 5/16/2017
Consumer Rights Law Firm Center BBB information
BBB Rating: NR